Hello world! Please change me in Site Preferences -> This Category/Section -> Lower Description Bar
Admission Procedures for Transfer Students
- Transfer Checklist (PDF)
Transfer students are welcome to enroll at West Liberty University. Applications for transfer admissions are accepted throughout the year. To be considered for admission, transfer applicants must normally have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
To be considered for admission, transfer applicants must provide:
- A completed application for admission. Apply Now!
- An official transcript sent directly from the registrar of the institution from which the student is transferring. If the student has attended more than one institution, an official transcript from each is also required. If the applicant has completed fewer than 28 semester hours before the transfer, a high school transcript is also required and the high school curriculum, grade point average and ACT/SAT test requirements must be met.
- Evidence of honorable withdrawal from the last college attended. A Transfer Clearance Form must be obtained from the West Liberty Admissions Office. Section A is to be completed by the applicant, Section B must be completed by the Dean of Students Office of the institution from which the student is transferring. Transfer Clearance Form (PDF) Note: Any prospective transfer student whose background is found to include conduct proscribed by the Student Code of Conduct will have his/her application reviewed by the Dean of Students before a final decision on admission is made.
- On or before the date of enrollment, proof of immunity to measles and rubella must be submitted.
- The Admissions Office can unofficially evaluate transcripts as part of your campus visit. An official transcript evaluation will be completed once the applicant has been accepted to West Liberty. All grades made previously in college-level courses are included in the grade-point calculation, even though there may be low grades in courses for which no credit can be granted. To graduate from West Liberty, transfer students much have at least a 2.0 (some degree programs may require a higher grade-point average) for all college-level work attempted. Students transferring from institutions using a grading system different from that used by West Liberty shall have the grade-point average computed on the basis of West Liberty’s grading system.
No more than 72 semester hours from a two- year college will apply toward a four-year degree. Transfer students must have at least 56 semester hours from a four-year college applied to their degree requirements. All degree candidates must earn at least 36 semester hours of credit, including 15 hours in his/her major, at West Liberty University.
West Liberty understands that your needs as a transfer student are different than those of a typical freshman. From the on-campus interview to the actual scheduling of your classes, the Admissions Office will work with you each step of the way to assure a smooth transition.
Although we are advancing rapidly with technology, West Liberty is not a university where you will get lost in the shuffle. The atmosphere pm campus is friendly and informal. Classes are small, averaging 25-30 students. The classroom relationships are close and you are encouraged to develop and express your individuality. West Liberty seeks to educate the “whole” student: intellectually, socially, and personally.
West Liberty offers the University Scholarship to all first time transfer students who have not been enrolled as a previous student at WL. Transfer students much have completed a minimum of 24 semester credit hours with a minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.25 on a 4.0 scale. This three year scholarship provides $2,000 per academic year.
West Liberty University has articulation agreements with the following institutions:
- Belmont College
- Community College of Allegheny County
- Eastern Gateway Community College
- West Virginia Northern Community College
Online access to the college bulletin may be found here.
To apply for federal and state financial aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is available as a paper application at all high schools and colleges. It may also be completed online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. the online application is the recommended means of completing the FAFSA. Once the FAFSA is received and processed by the U.S. Department of Education, each college or university listed on the FAFSA receives an electronic copy of the processed report. The FAFSA processing should take place within four weeks. West Liberty’s Title IV code number is 003823and should be listed on the FAFSA so that West Liberty may access the application.
It is strongly recommended that a campus visit be scheduled early in the transfer process. For more information or to schedule an appointment please contact:
West Liberty University
208 University Drive C.U.B. 101
West Liberty, WV 26074-0295
Toll Free: 866.West Lib
Email: [email protected]