Welcome to Your Future


May 2015

FAFSA PIN and FSA ID Changes!

in News

The FSA ID ― a username and password ― has replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN and must be used to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. If you do not already have an FSA ID, you can create one when logging in to, the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS®) at,,, and Agreement to Serve (ATS) at

Step 1 When logging in to one of the websites listed above, click the link to create an FSA ID.
Step 2 Create a username and password, and enter your e-mail address.
Step 3 Enter your name, date of birth, Social Security number, contact information, and challenge questions and answers.
Step 4 If you have a Federal Student Aid PIN, you will be able to enter it and link it to your FSA ID. You can still create an FSA ID if you have forgotten or do not have a PIN.
Step 5 Review your information, and read and accept the terms and conditions.
Step 6 Confirm your e-mail address using the secure code, which will be sent to the e-mail address you entered when you created your FSA ID. Once you verify your e-mail address, you can use it instead of your username to log in to the websites.

Please select the social network you want to share this page with:


Jun 2013

Satisfactory Academic Progress – Updated!

in News

Many WLU students use financial aid to assist with the costs of higher education. Students must maintain a certain level of academic progress in order to retain potential eligibility for aid—including student loans, parent loans, federal work study, and grants. For many students, compliance with these minimal standards presents no problem. However, there are some students who will lose eligibility for ALL forms of financial aid because they are not demonstrating satisfactory progress toward degree completion.

Under the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy, at the end of every academic year, the academic record of each student is reviewed to determine if the student is meeting the minimum standards in place to measure progress. These standards include a minimum cumulative grade point average and completion of a minimum percentage of all attempted credit hours.

Students who are NOT meeting these minimal standards will lose eligibility for aid (loans, work study, grants, etc.) until he or she can improve the overall academic record. If a student continues after this point, they must do so without federal, state, or institutional financial aid.

While there is an appeal process in place, only students who can document extenuating circumstances during an enrollment period and who have taken steps to address those circumstances should consider appealing. Appeals require that students meet with an academic advisor and must be submitted by the SAP letter’s deadline date.

Students can also view the status of their financial aid academic progress on WINS under the Financial Aid tab; click on “eligibility” and then on “academic progress.”

Last week the Satisfactory Academic Progress calculations were completed for the 2012-2013 academic year.  Letters were sent to all students that were affected by the policy.  Students’ WINS accounts were also updated with the relevant information.  Please be sure to check your WINS account as soon as possible to make sure you are still in good standing to receive your federal financial aid for the 2013-2014 academic year.  As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office.

Please select the social network you want to share this page with:


Feb 2013

2013-2014 Work Study Request Form

in News

It’s that time of year again to complete your FAFSA for next year.  If you are interested in a work study assignment for next year, please be sure to complete the required form as well. 

In order to be eligible for work study for the 2013-2014 academic year, you must complete your FAFSA by April 15, 2013 and complete the Work Study Request Form by May 1, 2013.   

Please remember completing the form does NOT guarantee work study funds, as our funds are still very limited.

The form is available at

As always, please feel free to stop in the Enrollment Services Center with any questions.

Please select the social network you want to share this page with: