|Policy Number: 248||Effective Date: 01/01/07|
|Policy Title: Adjunct Faculty||Revised:|
|Approval Date: 01/01/07||President’s Signature:|
West Liberty University will employ adjunct faculty under the following conditions:
1. Adjunct part-time faculty members should have appropriate academic qualifications and/or experience.
2. Adjunct part-time faculty members should receive appropriate information concerning institutional policies, procedures, expectations, and support.
3. Adjunct part-time faculty members should receive appropriate information about their duties and responsibilities and specific information about course content, syllabi, methodologies, and expected learning outcomes for students.
4. Adjunct part-time faculty members should be evaluated on a regular basis.
5. Adjunct part-time faculty members should receive appropriate assistance from full-time faculty members and academic administrators.
West Liberty University shall determine the appropriate balance between full-time and part-time faculty members, based on degree programs, availability of individuals qualified to serve as adjunct part-time faculty members and other relevant factors.