|Procedure Number: 203||Effective Date: 06/23/86|
|Title: Duties of the College Dean||Revised: 07/01/97; 07/01/10|
|Approval Date: 23 June 1986, 04/19/06||President’s Signature:|
A College/School Dean is a 12-month, full-time non-classified employee who serves at the will and pleasure of the President of the University. This position will report directly to the Provost. Duties of the College/School Deans will include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
1. Serve as liaison between faculty, Department Chairpersons, the Provost and the President.
2. Supervise the use and maintenance of the College’s or School’s physical facilities including equipment and instructional space.
3. Develop, with the assistance of Department Chairpersons, when appropriate, an annual budget for the College/School.
4. Coordinate the expenditure of all College/School funds.
5. Assist in the evaluation of present and prospective faculty, including the coordination of all department recommendations relating to evaluation, promotion, tenure, and dismissal.
6. Make recommendations for release, retention, promotion, and tenure of College/School faculty.
7. Coordinate all teaching schedules.
8. Maintain accurate catalog descriptions for all programs and courses in the College/School.
9. Supervise the mechanics of curriculum changes and new program development.
10. Coordinate requests for library acquisitions.
11. Supervise all program accreditation and evaluation procedures.
12. Aid and promote faculty development activities.
13. Facilitate faculty and student grievances as described in current policies and procedures.
14. Teach a minimum of six (6) semester hours in an academic year.
15. Ensure fulfillment of all departmental functions.
16. Recruit with the assistance of the Department Chairpersons, new faculty and new students.