Physician Assistants’ responsibilities depend on the type of practice, level of experience, the working relationship with the supervising physician, state laws and the privileges granted by the employing facility.
The responsibilities of physician assistants include:
- Taking patient medical histories, perform physical exams, formulate diagnoses, refer for physician consultation, provide treatment.
- Ordering lab tests and x-rays, interpret diagnostic studies, prescribe medications.
- Assisting in surgery, perform procedures, assist physicians in emergency rooms, make medical rounds, write orders, patient progress notes, and discharge summaries.
- Counseling and educate patients on illness and promote wellness.
- Participating in research and PA education.
For information about the PA profession click on the following link:
Additonal information for applicants: https://www.aapa.org/landingquestion.aspx?id=288