The Admissions Committee will select from among those candidates who show the most promise of becoming outstanding PAs. We will look for intelligent, mature and highly motivated students from diverse educational and cultural backgrounds who will have the potential to become compassionate, competent health care providers and team members. We will review each application individually on his or her own merit. Admission decisions are based on the evaluation of the applicant’s academic record, personal statement, previous medical experience, letters of recommendation, and the formal interview (see prerequisites). We expect applicants to have some awareness of the nature of medical care as it is practiced today and to be able to commit themselves to a profession dedicated to providing compassionate, quality care to the sick and injured. Many of our students will have medical exposure in fields such as military corpsman, nurse, surgical tech, respiratory therapy, and EMT.
The university and program are committed to equal opportunity for men and women, and does not discriminate on the basis race, gender, national origin, or sexual orientation. Reasonable accommodations will be made for applicants with handicaps, however, as part of the admission process, all applicants must meet the technical standards requirements .
Preference will be given to applicants who have prior health care experience, PA shadowing, a record of community service, graduates of West Liberty University and those who are residents of West Virginia.
November 1, 2015 is the deadline for the CASPA verified application, as well as the WLU supplemental application. The new application cycle begins April 22, 2015.
- Verified application
Applicants must have their application verified (GPA calculation completed) by the deadline date posted. To ensure the application is verified on time, applications must be completed (e-submitted, payment received, transcripts received, and three letters of recommendation received) at least four weeks in advance of the deadline date.
- Supplemental Application:
A $25.00 application fee is required and should be submitted with the supplemental application via on-line payment, or by check/money order made payable to West Liberty University.
- For prerequisite and conditions of application/admission.
- STEP 1: Fill out a CASPA Application
- STEP 2: Complete West Liberty University’s ONLINE Supplemental Application Form.
The application requires the applicant to upload a recent “passport-size” photo, as well as the $25.00 application fee (payable via online, or *check/money order payable to West Liberty University) & will not be submitted until all required items are complete.
*If paying by check or money order, please submit to:
West Liberty University
Admissions Office – PA Studies
208 University Drive
College Union Box 101
West Liberty, WV 26074
Foreign educated applicants must also submit the required additional materials.
English testing results and evaluation of foreign transcripts must be sent directly from the evaluating agency to the university.
- STEP 3: Select applicants will be invited to West Liberty University campus for personal interviews. During the interview process, all applicants will be asked to write a brief composition on a particular topic & screened in Medical Terminology.
- STEP 4: The Admissions Office or PA Program will notify you of your application status once your application and interview have been reviewed and acted on by the Admissions Committee. Successful candidates will be contacted personally by the PA program. An official letter of acceptance from our University’s Admissions Office will follow.
- STEP 5: A confirmation and deposit is required to hold your place in the class and to confirm your acceptance.
You will not be allowed to register until the deposit is received.
The deposit fee is $500. The fee will be applied toward your first term’s tuition.
Should you decide not to attend, this deposit is nonrefundable.
- *Note: Official admittance into the program is contingent on receipt and verification of all official transcripts and all other supporting documents. Selected candidates are also required to pass a Background Check and a Drug Test. All must be complete and successful BEFORE matriculation.