Financial Aid



Veterans Information

How to Apply for the GI Bill at WLU

To apply, a student must be accepted and registered at West Liberty University.  A veteran student applying for the first time needs to contact the Veterans Certifying Official for detailed information on the application process.

If you have received the GI Bill prior to acceptance and registering at WLU, you will need to contact the Veterans Certifying Official for processing a request for Change of  Place of Training.

Prior to the certification of the GI Bill the student must complete the  CERTIFICATION REQUEST FORM and be registered for terms requested.

Questions regarding the GI Bill should be directed to

Cheryl Mielke
Veterans Certifying Official
Registrar’s Office
West Liberty University
866-West Lib

[email protected]